COMBATIVES VIENNA SELF-PROTECTION
VIOLENCE PROTECTION & MANAGEMENT
If facing an extremely dangerous situation like this, what would you do?
WHAT IS COMBATIVES?
Combatives is a principle-based method of avoiding violence using awareness, knowledge of pre-violence indicators, de-escalation, and escape. If these primary methods of avoiding violence fail, and if physical self-defense is absolutely necessary, only then are effective counter-violence methods used.
But avoidance is always primary.
TRAIN WITH US!
SCVS is non-profit training organization dedicated to helping you avoid violence. Our training is open to anyone 18 years old or older. Men and women of all ages are welcome, including seniors, because self-protection isn’t just for athletic young men. Your first introductory lesson is free, and you may bring a friend with you.
Your introductory lesson is a mixture of discussion, demonstration, and participation in actual physical self-defense training.
You will learn:
• WHAT IS COMBATIVES?
• THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN “SELF PROTECTION” AND “SELF DEFENSE”
• HOW WE TRAIN TO AVOID VIOLENCE (OR MANAGE IT, IF IT CANNOT BE AVOIDED)
• HOW AND WHY VIOLENCE HAPPENS
• HOW TO DETECT POSSIBLE VIOLENCE
• HOW TO DE-ESCALATE POSSIBLE VIOLENCE
• BASIC PHYSICAL SELF-DEFENSE METHODS (COUNTER-VIOLENCE)
And we will answer any questions you may have.
Contact us to arrange an introductory lesson.
We offer three training structures:
1) REGULAR WEEKLY TRAINING (every Wednesday 1800-2000)
FEE: €30 per month
This must be paid by the 1st of the month.
Or, you may pay €10 per each session, payable before each class.
No contract. Just pay month to month, or week to week.
2) WORKSHOPS (four to ten people, 3 hours, scheduled at your convenience)
FEE: €30 per person payable in advance. Email us for workshop curriculum details.
3) PRIVATE INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING (1-2 people, 90 minute sessions, scheduled at your convenience)
FEE: €60 payable in advance. Email us for curriculum details.
Pick which is best for you, or combine any of these into your own training program.
For further information, please contact us.